The standard kit to convert a Discovery 2 to an LS Engine. This maintains the functionality of all dash guages, the check engine light, as well as traction control and hill descent control. The factory Discovery 2 A/C compressor, alternator, and power steering pump are retained using our accessory brackets. This kit allows the LS to work with the factory Land Rover ZF 4HP22 or 4HP24 transmissions found in the Discovery 2.
This setup also retains the factory Land Rover radiator and a clutch fan, which eliminates the need for expensive electric fans and controllers. It also retains the use of the factory Discovery fuel pump. Exhaust manifolds and an oil pan are not provided in the kit, but aftermarket LS manifolds and oil pans are recommended in the parts list. The kit is designed to be bolt-in except for the exhaust. The only welding that is required is to connect the exhaust manifolds to the Land Rover Discovery exhaust pipe, which usually can be completed by your local exhaust shop.
Check out our resource pages for the Discovery 2 LS Swap Kit:
- See the sample parts list for estimating the overall cost and the parts you may need.
- Check out the engine options page for information on finding a compatible LS engine.
- See the LS harness and ECM info page for information on buying or building an LS harness and ECM requirements.
- Look at the LS performance page for information on performance modifications.
- See the Harness Rewire Service page to see if that is something you want to add to your kit.
Email or contact us for more information.
Discovery 2 LS Kit Includes:
- Bellhousing Adapter
- Motor Mounts (2)
- Accessory Drive Brackets
- Electrical Conversion Parts, including electrical conversion box "ECB"
- Wiring Instructions
- Installation Instructions
This is a significant modification to the drivetrain and electrical systems of the vehicle. This swap should not be attempted by an inexperienced mechanic. Please see ACE terms and conditions, the FAQ, and resources pages before purchasing. For off-road use only, may not comply with emission standards. Lead time on kits can be up to 6 weeks from the order date.
Discovery 2 LS Swap Kit
Lead time can vary, but we try to keep kits on the shelf. Kits are produced in batches. Typically, this item has up to an 5-6 week lead time from the order date. If there will be a longer lead time than 5-6 weeks, we will notify you via email.
Does not include LS engine, LS wiring harness, or GM ECU. Comes with instructions for installation. A sample parts list is available here.
This kit works for the following vehicles:
- 1999-2004 Land Rover Discovery 2 (V8, automatic, Left Hand drive)
TD5 and manual models are not supported. Earlier Discovery and Range Rover models are not supported.
The following Gen 3 LS engines are recommended:
- 4.8L LR4 (short chank only)
- 5.3L LM7
- 5.3L LM4
- 5.3L L33
- 5.3L L59
Gen 4 LS and Gen 5 LT engines are not supported. See more about engine options.